How to concern-troll a fat woman, Howard Stern style.

11 Mar 2010 01:56 am

Howard Stern shows us how here, in his tirade about Gabourey Sidibe having the nerve to exist:

“There’s the most enormous, fat black chick I’ve ever seen. She is enormous. Everyone’s pretending she’s a part of show business and she’s never going to be in another movie,” Stern ranted. “She should have gotten the Best Actress award because she’s never going to have another shot. What movie is she gonna be in?”

And the fact that some of Hollywood’s most powerful players (uh, like Oprah Winfrey and Tyler Perry) are among 26-year-old actress’ biggest supporters, doesn’t mean squat to Stern.

He knocked Winfrey, who praised Sidibe at the Academy Awards Sunday night and said she was sure Sidibe would have a long, fruitful career.

“Oprah’s another liar, a filthy liar,” added Stern. “She’s telling an enormous woman the size of a planet that she’s going to have a career.”

Your concern about Sidibe’s race and appearance uh I mean career is duly noted, Howard. Then there were were (male) commenters to the article who added their own misogynistic screeds uh I mean concerns for Sidibe’s “health” to the mix. Like this one:

Reading through these comments reminds me when George Carlin famously said, “Picture how stupid the average American is and just think, half of ‘em are even dumber than that.” If anyone thinks this morbidly obese, disgusting pig will ‘have a long life’ or ‘lose weight while Howard can’t do anything about his face’, then you are living in an alternate universe where home prices never go down. Deep down, you know she is a walking heart attack and needs help.

I love how he defends his multi-millionaire hero, Howard Stern, against people who note that Stern’s not exactly easy on the eyes, by saying even meaner things about Gabi Sidibe. But hey, the commenter is worried about Gabi’s heart health, dontchaknow.

I have detested Howard Stern for many years. Both Stern and Rush Limbaugh have thrown red meat to bitter entitled white men every day for over two decades. But at least with Rush you know it’s overtly political and it’s never really been cool to be a Dittohead. OTOH, a liberal white dude can enjoy Howard Stern humiliating women every morning, while insisting that he’s a “feminist” because Howard is pro-choice.

I submit that Howard Stern has contributed more to the coarsening and polarization in the populace than Rush Limbaugh has. For over 20 years, Stern has given hipster cred to being a bigoted misogynistic asshole. But hey, ladies, he cares about our looks, our weight uh I mean, our careers.

1. Comment by Italiana on March 11, 2010 6:05 am

Thank you, Donna. Irony isn’t a strong enough word to describe the hate directed toward this young woman, given the storyline of “Precious.”

2. Comment by Timmys Cat on March 11, 2010 10:27 am

(con permiso I will turn my filter off)

WTF? This is a beautiful young woman who’s radiance shines. Why does she need to be torn down to satisfy your ego? She’s got talent. I refuse to listen to Stern, but it seems he’s feeling his slipping. Stern, you had any balls you would have her on your “show” and tell it to her face.
    He’s hardly one to talk. He’s looking like Keith Richards brother in a badly dyed English magistrates wig.

3. Comment by Timmys Cat on March 12, 2010 2:03 pm

Well, since it’s Friday, and Hostess is as usual playing hooky at the Ritz getting her pingers pedicured and her footsies manicured, I will share my typical office day

4. Comment by Timmys Cat on March 12, 2010 2:25 pm

Well, I guess I’ll just entertain myself.
    (don’t go there)

I’ve alway found this kind of eerily fascinating. Muto!

5. Comment by Alan Scott on March 13, 2010 6:00 am

Donna,

” Both Stern and Rush Limbaugh have thrown red meat to bitter entitled white men every day for over two decades. ”

I believe that Stern and Limbaugh’s audiences are completely different .

I am a Rush listener . I work with a couple of Stern listeners . Stern guys are younger, far more liberal , and definitely Bush haters . I don’t consider them very knowledgeable about politics or world affairs . For a change I do not disagree with much you wrote . Entitled white men is over the top .

6. Comment by Lucia on April 5, 2011 3:02 am

Alan thank you for mansplaining without even reading her comment.

She is trying to say that even cutesy skinny hipsters who hate Bush can be misogynists.

I am going to start a radio show where I do what Stern does to young, hot (and stupid) men. Would you feel comfortable listening to that? How about if I have a show where I make sick jokes about Blacks and slavery? Would that be liberal and cute? As long as I hate Bush is it ok?

7. Comment by Lucia on April 5, 2011 3:04 am

I bet Alan is an Obamatard who voted against Hillary Clinton because she was too shrill and had cankles (men don’t have to think about policies if it is a woman running). He’s also probably the loving liberal who makes MILF jokes about Palin.