Obama can’t say it.

02 Aug 2008 10:57 am

Barack Obama has to say that John McCain’s campaign is “cynical” but not “racist”.

He dare not say anything different, for he has already been accused of “playing the race card!” for the infraction of alerting an audience to the obvious fact that he is not a pasty rich white dude as most Presidents have been. And then the uppity black man got an easy laugh out of it. That’s right, several hundred people at a town hall were mentally comparing vibrant young multiracial hipster Barack Obama to his decrepit geezer of an opponent. And they were amused by the comparison. So of course, McCain’s campaign had to turn on the smears. Had to play the Race Card card.

He can’t say it. But I will. John McCain and his campaign are a bunch of lowdown race-baiting, dog-whistling, bigot-pandering, racist-ass racists. The campaign is f**king racist as the day is long. Race baiting racist Racisty McRacists. In fact, that’s my Senator from Arizona’s new name to me. John F**king Sidney McRacist.

1. Comment by Craig on August 2, 2008 8:17 pm

Donna, you need to quit keeping the stuff that bothers you all bottled up inside and just let it out.

You’ll feel better for it, trust me.

2. Comment by indyvoter on August 3, 2008 9:05 am

With all due respect, I’m a visitor on this blog, and quite a few others from both parties, trying to make the best decision for myself, not to mention our country.

These posts have some wonderful thoughts, but they’re covered with so much rage, it’s hard for me to wrap my brain around them. It completely distracts from the potential they have to inform, enlighten, and inspire.

For what it’s worth, I don’t think that just because a woman has written these posts that they have to be honey sweet. And I do understand that politics is much more confrontational than selling deodorant or real estate.

But I do think that if the goal is to convince people that you have a good thing to sell, and you want them to be as excited about it as you are, and you want them to vote the way you are planning to vote…that being a potty mouth and always trying to suck as much shock value out of as few words as possible…just isn’t the way to do it.

You are not just talking to your elite group of “informed and enlightened” friends when you blog. You are talking to the entire Internet universe.

Food for thought–if you happen to aspire to serve in office at any point in the future, it might be worth considering that what you say here, stays here, with your name on it, forever.

3. Comment by Donna on August 3, 2008 9:53 pm

Whatever, indyvoter.

Racists make me angry. If anger in women makes you uncomfortable, that’s your problem not mine, so take your amateur psychoanalysis and stick it where the sun don’t shine.

And it’s not my job to “sell” anything to you. If you are honestly confused over whether Barack Obama or John McCain is a better candidate, then you are far beyond any assistance I could offer.

4. Pingback by Democratic Diva » I got a concern troll of my very own last night. on August 4, 2008 11:05 am

[…] exciting for me! It was on this post: For what it’s worth, I don’t think that just because a woman has written these posts that they […]

5. Comment by Katie on August 7, 2008 12:18 pm

John McCain IS a racist and it pisses me off, too!!!! It pisses me off that he acts patronizing because Obama won’t “stay in his place” and then accuses him of playing the race card. It also pisses me off that he’s a misogynist pig, offers his wife up for a nude beauty pageant for bikers, and no one in the media even calls him on it, but that’s a whole different issue. Thanks for speaking up so well about this.

6. Comment by John Williams on August 20, 2008 10:37 am

Pretty nice site, wants to see much more on it! :)