Rick Warren needs $900,000, ASAP.

31 Dec 2009 12:45 pm

From Pastor Rick’s News and Views:

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dear Saddleback Family,

THIS IS AN URGENT LETTER unlike any I’ve written in 30 years. Please read all of it and get back to me in the next 48 hours.

I have thrilling news to share with you below but first some seriously bad news:

With 10% of our church family out of work due to the recession, our expenses in caring for our community in 2009 rose dramatically while our income stagnated. Still, with wise management, we’ve stayed close to our budget all year. Then… this last weekend the bottom dropped out.

On the last weekend of 2009, our total offerings were less than half of what we normally receive – leaving us $900,000 in the red for the year, unless you help make up the difference today and tomorrow.

Everyone say it with me now…..awwwwwww.

Sure Rick, I’ll send you money. I’ll get right on it. Oh wait, I forgot, I gave to PFLAG instead. I urge my readers to join me by not giving to Prop Hate supporter Warren and instead giving to the LGBT cause of your choice.

If I don’t post again today, let me just wish everyone (even you trolls) a happy and prosperous New Year.

1. Comment by Tom Prezelski on January 1, 2010 9:31 am

Did God appear to him as a 900 foot tall Jesus and threaten to “call him home” unless he raised the money in time?

2. Comment by Jen on January 1, 2010 11:10 am

Oh, for Christ’s sake…I’d wager that this douche bag is in the red BECAUSE he’s thrown $$ at Prop Hate. Balls to you, sir. BALLS!

Oh, how I wish Jesus HAD appeared to him and revoked his right to work in HIS name.

Happy New Year, Divas! 2010 is your year to rock it!

3. Comment by todd on January 1, 2010 12:03 pm

Wow. This mean that every week the church gets something like $1.8 million in ‘offerings’, or over $90 million a year.

4. Comment by Simon says: on January 1, 2010 4:47 pm

Sounds to me like there was a problem long ago and he is blaming it on the last weekend. I would also wager that if revenue dropped dramatically the last weekend of the year that it has done so every year prior as well.

5. Comment by Jen on January 3, 2010 10:24 am

he took in 24 million after that plea went out…audit, anyone?

6. Comment by Timmys Cat on January 4, 2010 11:07 am

This story is starting to sound cultish. “Send money or we are doooooomed!”

Sorry. When a mansion if not corporate church goes begging, my cynical cat sense thinks there’s money hanky-panky at the top. Why don’t they sell assets first? I find it hard to believe this”church” doesn’t own land,real estate, and investments.