A special message to any Jason Rose staffers who may be reading this blog.

12 Sep 2009 04:23 pm

It’s been brought to my attention that interns and employees of Rose and Allyn Public Relations are monitoring websites and blogs so they can spam the comments sections of articles about the Phoenix City Council election on behalf of their client, Sal DiCiccio. Rose, as many of y’all are aware, is the garish local PR flack whose political clients also include Joe Arpaio and Andrew Thomas. A lot of politics watchers in the Valley believe he may be the mastermind behind the SCA and those disgusting ads they made against Dan Saban and Tim Nelson.

So I’ve got just one thing I’d like to say to any of Jason Rose’s folks who may be reading this:

Your boss is a pendejo. Please feel free to pass that memo along to him.

1. Comment by Donna on September 12, 2009 8:48 pm

I changed the first thing I called Rose because I think “pendejo” has a nicer ring than “creepy douche”.

Here’s the thing though, if you’re going to post here to scold me over the tone in my post about a PR flack who smears opponents as child molesters, you probably shouldn’t link to a website of photos of you in your underwear. Sorry Cat, I had to delete you because this isn’t that kind of blog.

2. Comment by jason rose on September 12, 2009 8:59 pm

i have great respect for free speech and this blog, no matter whether i agree with its contents. but a recent post regarding our firm and other insinuations are false. no one in our firm has been encouraged to do anything like what has been suggested in regards to sal diciccio’s council campaign. we had zero involvement in the “sca” campaign. i would strongly urge the author of this blog to issue a retraction and to contact me if there is any confusion whatsoever. my phone # is easily available. call me. just as there is necessary, spirited discussion on the right this blog provides the same on the left. let’s just be sure that veracity is not sacrificed in the debate, irrespective of the perspective. jason rose

3. Comment by Donna on September 12, 2009 9:32 pm

So, Jason, you’re denying that you monitor blogs? How’d you find this post so quickly then? Clairvoyance?

Also, I didn’t say you were behind the SCA because I don’t know if you are or not. I’m saying that it’s rumored that you are. Hey, when one of your biggest clients just so happens to be one of the biggest donors to the group, people are going to talk.

4. Comment by Donna on September 12, 2009 9:35 pm

BTW, does my previous post count as a retraction? Because I did clarify that it’s a rumor.

5. Comment by TommyC on September 13, 2009 8:22 am

As typical, these mudslingers can hand out all kinds of conjecture or innuendo, victimizing their political targets, but they sure have thin skin when it comes to rumor about them.

Mr. Rose is with a public relations firm but can’t take the time for grammar, punctuation, and capitalization when writing comments on a blog? I wonder if he might be one of those crackberry addicts who sits in a restaurant and ignores his dining companions while talking or typing away?

Like you, Donna, I really have to wonder about his motivation….

6. Comment by jason rose on September 13, 2009 1:46 pm

I am not a pendejo. Those allegations are unfounded and false.

I am, however, a creepy douche. There is a wide difference between being a pendejo and being a creepy douche, the former of which I am not; the latter of which I proudly am.

I would strongly urge the author of this blog to issue a retraction and to contact me if there is any confusion whatsoever about the difference between a pendejo and a creepy douche. My phone number is easily available; check the Yellow Pages under “creepy douche.” jason rose

7. Comment by Donna on September 13, 2009 2:54 pm

Yes TommyC, and I love how people who go out of their way to make themselves into public figures, as Rose has done, play the libel/slander card to scare anyone who says something they don’t like. Seems to me the PR guy has a bit of an image problem of his own over this SCA thing. If he’s truly innocent he ought to be getting as much distance as possible between himself and the players in the scandal rather than doing the opposite as he is now.

8. Comment by RM Rilke on January 22, 2010 3:11 pm

How about the Sheriff Joe staffers that cruised by a recent Emerge Arizona event at a private home in Phoenix in a Maricopa County Sheriff’s Department vehicle???? What, did someone report that there was an illegal alien inside???? Or were they just plain snooping on private citizens at a political meeting on the County dime?