Coming from a position of strength

26 Jan 2008 11:08 am
Posted by: Admin

(This entry was a comment to Katie’s last post, but I thought it should be a blog entry and have moved it. -Krista)

Dear Katie and other Koombaya Followers:

No one in this campaign on any side has been over the top—-yet——when we get to the general election you will see the most unbelievable, organized and vicious Republican attack machine, and once again the Democrats are heading for a fall if they think can change Washington and become “koombaya”. The only way we will EVER get the right wing republican power structure to behave is through pure strength-brute force. Then they will move to the center much as we have been forced to do the last 8 years.

I also have to laugh at our “shuddering” at how rough this is getting —-oooh gutter politics….politics has been like this since the beginning of time and will always be this way whenever you are trying to wrest away power from the bad guys….you sure as hell don’t do it by talking to them. You negotiate from a position of Strength.

I think it is amusing that some of these very same bloggers ( and I love ya) will whine and complain to me about the “wusses” in the Democratic congress and how they cave in all the time to the Republicans etc etc etc…. but then we go right back to our mealy mouthed ways when we pick a candidate because he is so “inspirational and so likeable and he wants to change the tone in Washington”…..I suppose because I am older, and pretty street smart, I feel strongly we need to pick a candidate who can be thrown into a pool of alligators and who can break their jaws every time…. for this job you need an alligator fighter, and that is Hillary Clinton…. has NOTHING to do with her gender. It has to do with the very reason the Republicans hate the Clintons…..the Clintons outsmarted them time and time again and actually did some pretty damn good things for regular Americans (me being one of them).
Are Bill and Hillary Clinton perfect – heck no- but neither is any candidate- they are all human. But Hillary Clinton is smarter and stronger then BO and knows exactly what she is up against.

I mean, really, why do you think, really, that the Republican power machine hates the Clintons? Because they actually won some big victories for the American people. The rising tide was lifting all ships- EVERYONE was doing better…..not what the top tier machinery wants- they can’t control us nearly as easily if we are feeling empowered. They hated the Clintons until they saw red and their veins were bulging and then they made mistakes and the Clintons pounced on that….and when they could not get them for any thing they had done professionally or publicly they went after Bill’s private behavior…it was out of desperation.
Hillary knows what she is going to face- she is ready for it and able to fight for the American people.

I think Barack Obama has a great future in front of him, and appears to be a pretty good guy but I think he is not ready for this job…..He reminds me of another president who said he would make Washington better and cleaner and more transparent, and hated all things Washington…( I fell for it – I was young and impressionable) he wanted to sit down and work things out…. I still think he is a good guy, but Jimmy Carter was “CHEWED UP and SPIT OUT” – he did not understand how to beat them at their own game and come out ahead for the American people. Hillary Clinton knows exactly how to do this.
The Republicans are chomping at the bit to chew him up and spit him out.

We need an alligator fighter and we need one that is a professional alligator fighter. Hillary Clinton is that person.

Sounds rough, I know, but I truly believe the Democrats will continue this horrible downward spiral if we do not fight back….the Republicans call us weak and laugh at us, because they know what they have to do….hang on to the power for their own purposes.

Please don’t hate me for bursting your bubble.

I truly wish it could be koombaya and maybe it can. I’ll hope.

1. Comment by Katie on January 26, 2008 11:21 am

Thanks. I’m not sure what you mean by koombaya followers. I am supporting Hillary, because I think she is the best candidate. I was not really lamenting the dirtiness of politics, but rather the blatant woman hating and the fact that it is pretty much acceptable. I think it is totally separate from politicking, and it makes me very angry and sad.

2. Comment by Muskegon Critic on January 28, 2008 9:06 am

Sing it!

I might add that…once upon a time, people used to wpoison and stab each other for power. Words, attack ads, mud slinging, and slander ARE civilized.

3. Comment by Jessica on January 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Katie or Krista:

I was not sure how to contact you,but I thought that since religion and politics is such a hot topic right now, and with the primaries moving into Arizona, I thought you may be interested in a film that just came out titled: “Article VI: Faith. Politics. America.” The film was directed by Bryan Hall and Jack Donaldson. It is an intense discussion of the role of faith in politics. The title is taken from Article Six of the United States Constitution: “no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.”

If you haven’t seen the trailer I suggest you check it out:

(DVD’s just went on sale as well.) Let me know what you think!

4. Comment by Atticus on January 28, 2008 10:30 pm

The difference between Barack and Jimmy is, of course, that Ted Kennedy never supported Jimmy Carter.

5. Comment by No Wuss Diva on January 30, 2008 6:04 am

Having Ted Kennedy’s endorsement WILL not be helpful in a general election- trust me on that one!

But I am sure it is exciting for the Barack campagn right now.

6. Comment by Donna on January 31, 2008 11:22 am

No Wuss, while I’m pretty sure that the endorsement by Big Bad Skeery Librul Chappaquiddick Ted Kennedy will be touted relentlessly in the General I’m not particularly worried about it. The GOP nominee (probably McCain god help us) will have to contend with a big old albatross hanging around his crepe-y old white neck. Otherwise known as George W. Bush. Most people are vaguely aware, if that, of Teddy Kennedy is at this point, but everyone knows who f&*%ed this country beyond all recognition.

Any blather about Ted Kennedy can be easily answered by that now-famous photo of McCain embracing Dubya. Or the one where they’re cutting birthday cake on a sunny Arizona day while New Orleans drowned.

In a word, checkmate.