Hey “Buycott” people, you support AZ businesses, but do they support you?

27 May 2010 06:28 pm

Oh sweet hilarious irony! So there’s this Buycott thing scheduled for this weekend, where proponents of SB1070 will gather to support Arizona businesses they claim “may be targeted” by an outfit called Arizona-Boycott.org. The Buycotters pasted a link to the list of Arizona businesses on that site and are telling people to “[c]ontact the below companies to let them know that you support them and Arizona SB 1070”.

Okee dokee. Do you think the Buycott organizers took a gander at the list to see who was on it? I’m not just talking about “ClubJenna / Jenna Jameson (Adult Entertainment)” – which, admittedly, had me laughing for like two minutes straight. I’m talking about how many of the companies listed are hotels, restaurants, even food and produce companies.

In case pro-SB1070 readers who think this Buycott is a swell idea aren’t picking up what I’m putting down, I’ll put it simply: Who do you think HIRES a lot of the undocumented workers? Seriously, do the math, people. As yet, only one Arizona business, Republic Monetary has signed on as a supporter of the teabaggers Buycotters.

I wouldn’t expect too many businesses to show up at Tempe Diablo Stadium on Saturday night to hand out promotional schwag but who knows? “I went to the Buycott rally and all I got was this t-shirt that was sewn by undocumented workers!”

UPDATE: I forgot to mention that I’ll be on KJZZ tomorrow morning at 11am for a panel discussion about AZ politics.

1. Comment by Truth08 on May 27, 2010 7:58 pm

Are you saying “Republic Monetary Exchange” are the ones who are organizing this “buycott”?

Is so, aren’t they the same “pawn shop” out of Phx? What is their motive?

Looking forward to listening to you tomorrow.

Regards,
    Truth08

2. Comment by Donna on May 27, 2010 9:08 pm

Truth08, I don’t know what role Republic Monetary Exchange is playing in Saturday’s event but I do know that a business called A Designing Woman is the “official photographer”. I plan to go on Saturday to find out what businesses come out to support the Buycott.

3. Comment by Truth08 on May 28, 2010 11:37 am

Sounded to me like Liddy, got “smacked”, on his opinion on the “buycott”!!

He didn’t get a chance to see “who” or is “anybody” supporting this cause??

Ha!!

Seemed out of touch on the issue of ;
    “Clean Elections” as well?? He doesn’t seem to think that it was the “voters” are the ones who approved this measure?

“Expensive Hobby” is a good term!!
    To bad Liddy, could not comment on the Arpaio issue?? Would of liked to here what he was thinking?

“Are they detaining people?”
    In reference to the Census, had him speechless!!

Classic!!

Awesome work Donna!!

You are one, “Helluva” debater!!

Regards,
    Truth08

Listening via webstream, in Tucson.

4. Comment by JustJoeP on May 28, 2010 12:35 pm

“Expensive Hobby” – had me spitting food out of my mouth in a massive guffaw! From listening in my kitchen this morning, I thought you made your points very well and mopped up the floor with the little boy ideologues Steve G had on. Very nice work. Challenging a well informed, factual debating woman can be hazardous to one’s false bravado & hubris!

5. Comment by Sam on May 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Love this post, Donna. Love it.

6. Comment by Terry on May 30, 2010 9:16 am

Please support small business in Arizona! http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/immigration/arizona-sun-buycott-5-4-2010

Please support small business in Arizona! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6i3d-nfLYY

7. Pingback by The Arizona “Buycott” at Tempe Stadium » The Truth @ The Spin Factor on May 31, 2010 1:59 am

[…] DemocraticDiva notes that “buycotters” support Arizona businesses, but wonders whether those businesses support Arizona. […]