My deeply, sincerely, heartfelt retraction of what I said about Jason Rose

12 Sep 2009 10:02 pm

I got a comment to my last post that appears to be from Jason Rose at Rose Allyn PR, and I hope it is since it’s his email address.

So without further ado, I hereby retract the part of my statement where I said that Jason Rose’s staffers are monitoring and spamming blogs on behalf of a client who is a political candidate. I mean, what was I thinking? Seriously, why on earth would a public relations and communications firm being doing something like that? Especially since it touts it’s ability to “create buzz” on it’s website? Again, what ever possessed me to think that a PR firm would be tracking blogs and websites and responding to them to make sure it got their client’s message out on the internets? Why, that’s utterly unheard of!

And as for the stuff about the SCA, please allow me to clarify that it’s a RUMOR that Jason Rose is the person who dreamed up the creepy disgusting smears against Dan Saban and Tim Nelson. Just a rumor, folks. It’s like when you watch FOX News and they do that “some are saying” thing. I bet Jason likes FOX News.

Speaking of retractions, I demand that local right wing blogs retract every statement they’ve made suggesting that President Obama is not a citizen. I think Jason should join me in that, on account of he’s on the side of truth and fairness and whatnot.

1. Comment by RM Rilke on September 13, 2009 9:16 am

Then just who is behind all of the right wing postings with similar talking points across a multitude of Arizona blogs and Web sites like AZCentral? They couldn’t be learning this in church, could they? ;-)

2. Comment by Oh Dear on September 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Donna, you know Dana, so do I. You took down the rant that she wrote about her homeowners association just a couple of days ago in hopes that nobody got a good look at the real Dana Kennedy. I sat on the board that she diparaged in her post and I guarantee you that there are at least three members of the board that are actively blogging against her candidacy for City Council. She is not fit to sit on a City Council. Our effrots to get her removed from the board failed, but we can certainly do everything possible to keep her from becoming our elected representative.

3. Comment by Donna on September 13, 2009 2:47 pm

Oh Dear, I didn’t take down anything and if you consider what I believe you’re referring to as a “rant”, then you are a highly sensitive person who should probably never be far from smelling salts and a fainting couch. You definitely shouldn’t be on an HOA board because I hear they can get quite contentious.

Now run along, Dear.

4. Comment by Eli_Blake on September 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Don’t worry about it, there is nothing we can do that compares to the sheer magnitude of what the right does to stretch the truth.

Nate Silver documented today how a major lie— an exaggeration of THIRTY TIMES the number of people who protested Obama yesterday was picked up by at least one major blog and is now being spread across the airwaves by a variety of right wing radio hosts.

The strategy apparently is to put it out there once, then that gives it the mantle of authority and then spread it far and wide.

5. Comment by Zelph on September 13, 2009 7:14 pm

Some say that Jason Rose is a failed businessman who couldn’t even make money on a bar in a prime Phoenix location. Some say.

6. Comment by Donna on September 13, 2009 7:29 pm

Who names a bar after Richard Nixon anyway?

7. Comment by Donna on September 14, 2009 12:41 am

Dear “Oh Dear” person,

As amusing as I find your recent series of badly spelled, grammatically incorrect, stream-of-consciousness diatribes to be, I’m not going to post them here. And you should be grateful for that, for as much as you want to believe that you are intimidating Dana and me with your mighty prowess on the Internets and your ominous threats, you’ve got nothing. Luckily for you, I’m also feeling charitable this evening and will not reveal your identity.

8. Comment by GoKennedyGo on September 14, 2009 9:58 am

Jason Rose is a pathetic, overpriced hack.

Keep going Dana, we’re all proud of you!

9. Comment by Vivi on October 7, 2009 1:58 pm

“Smelling salts and fainting couch” that’s golden. I love it. You got me giggling for the rest of the day. ;)