You’re as sick as your secrets, Joel

27 Oct 2009 03:46 pm

Yesterday the Capitol Times reported that MCSO Captain and SCA commando Joel Fox is feeling very down.

The Sheriff’s captain who headed up a secretive political committee that broke campaign finance laws in its efforts to support Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio last year is threatening to sue the county for “emotional distress” unless it pays him $75,000.

Capt. Joel Fox, a veteran of the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office, filed a notice of claim with the county Oct. 23, which is the first step under state law for government employees to sue an employer.

Awwww…. Ordinarily, I reserve my sympathy for people who have truly been victimized in some way. Like, you know, sex abuse victims. Who are the people whose suffering and pain those SCA creeps made a mockery of with their disgusting ad that smeared a Sheriff’s candidate – himself a victim of child sex abuse – as a predator. In the case of Capt. Fox, I can see where he may be feeling some genuine emotional distress. However, his angst is entirely self-inflicted. I would suggest to Joel that one thing he could do to feel better immediately is to stop keeping the secrets that fester in his psyche. Let it out, Joel. Talk. Preferably to a prosecutor or investigator. And for crimeny’s sake, do us all a favor and get yourself an attorney. The first step is admitting you have a problem. Then you need to work on stopping the behavior that compounds the problem. Your addiction to doing the bidding of sociopaths is harming you and the people around you.

Speaking of Arpaio, just wanted to give y’all a heads up that Channel 5 is doing a major report on his problems with the FBI on Thursday. I’ll post more details as I get them.

1. Comment by Zelph on October 27, 2009 8:03 pm

He looks like the guy behind him just gave him a wedgie in that photo.

2. Comment by Mark Manoil on October 27, 2009 10:16 pm

Sounds like another great precedent from the Arpaio administration. Anybody being investigated for criminal acts (in this case gross campaign finance law violations) may sue the County for the inconvenience and consternation that such investigation causes. Pure Henderschott!

3. Comment by Joel Fox on November 9, 2009 11:09 pm

Ms. Diva Donna,
    I wouldn’t go so far as to say I’m “feeling very down”, but I suppose that wouldn’t make much sense to you, since you didn’t even bother to read the Notice of Claim Letter.

It’s so much easier to just read a single article, comment on it as if it is the truth, and then let the chips fall where they may. I mean, who cares, right? We’re not really talking about people here, are we? It’s just those MCSO thugs…

It just so happens that the lawsuit I will file against Maricopa County is for their violation of the US Constitution, which I kinda thought was a bi-partisan thing, but I guess not.

The Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress is the legal term for the damages that ensue when your Constitutional Rights are trampled on, but you might want to check that with a lawyer…as if you ever check anything.

As for your misguided and misplaced “suggestions”, you might think about actually verifying what it is you so harshly judge others on…I thought the moral majority had the corner on the “holier than thou” hate speech.

I’ll take the correction on that one, thank you.

And not that it matters, but that disgusting ad that smeared the sheriff’s candidate didn’t actually portray him as a predator. It said he lied about a rape investigation…and he did.

That boils the truth in your post down to:
    1. An article was written in the Capitol Times,
    2. Channel 5 is doing a story on Arpaio.

With a record like that, you could write for the New Times.

4. Comment by Donna on November 10, 2009 12:14 am

Joel, I’m fairly certain that if you had an attorney, he or she would be advising you, strongly, against angrily responding to blog posts late at night. It’s not that I mind the entertainment value you provide, but I have to question your self-preservation instinct at this point.

5. Comment by Joel Fox on November 10, 2009 2:28 pm

Angry???

Your assumptions get the better of you, Donna.

I’m not angry. Tired, maybe, but not angry. And not the stay-up-late kind of tired (you’re up late, too, huh?)…it’s the sick and tired of being sick and tired kind of tired.

You assume that I should have some self preservation interest…as if I am in danger of sacrificing somehow by responding to your biased and unfounded allegations. But there’s this thing about the truth that you obviously don’t know, being such a stranger to it: the truth is always true…and it never changes.

Critics like you can write on your blogs and talk on your news stories all you like, but you can’t change the truth. The truth is, I don’t have any secrets, there is no burden on my psyche, and I don’t do the bidding of sociopaths.

The truth is that people like you have been writing about people like me and saying whatever you please with no fear of reprisal, and this is what am most sick and tired of. Isn’t there enough BS in this world? You need to add to it??

Rather than fester my frustration into anger, I choose instead to do something productive…to respond…to point out the inaccuracies, the bias, the prejudice, and the hypocrisy.

If that is entertaining to you, then you are, of course, free to continue. And I will be free to point out where you play loose with the facts.

That is, unless you fancy yourself the high-falutin’ kind of diva that is always right and everyone else should bow to your impeccable intellect thereby requiring you to censor my replies and eliminate all opposition.

Until then, when you write, know that I will stop by at some point to check your accuracy.

It’d be a big help if you’d check it yourself, first…